Monday

Yes, God, I Still Love You

Yes, God, I Still Love You #1

Yes, God, I still love you
Though my actions may not show
That a deep abiding love
In my heart for you still flows
Please don’t ask me what’s the problem
Why I’m sluggish in my walk
‘Cause I honestly don’t know
And with you I need to talk
In the hope of getting answers
To the anger that’s within
To the bitterness that rooted
And is causing me to sin
God, I know that there are seasons
That evolve in every life
And I know that even Joseph
Had a good amount of strife
Yet, somehow, it makes me question
If my witness is askew
Lord, from something you have purposed
Or from wrong things that I do
Would you help me understand this
So my heart would be at rest
In the knowledge of your purpose
And the promise of your best

Copyright Mary Jane Gonzales 2001



Yes, God, I Still Love You #2

Yes, God, I still love you
Though I’m tardy every night
When I come before the throne
And fatigue I often fight
Yes, God, I still love you
Though devotions get curtailed
And, regrettably, the bible reading
Sometimes gets de-railed
So I know how it must grieve you
When I don’t take time to call
When my visits get infrequent
Or they don’t occur at all
Lord, I sometimes wonder
At the similarity
‘Tween my children and myself
When they don’t make time for me
God, I know about the heartache
Of a hostile attitude
And the sting when words are spoken
In a tone that’s very rude
And I know a parent’s love
That forever seeks a bond
Is just waiting to forgive
If the child would just respond

Copyright Mary Jane Gonzales 2011



Yes, God, I Still Love You #3

Yes, God, I still love you
Though it doesn’t look that way
Though the pain has stolen joy
And brought bitterness my way
Though I feel like I’m defeated
And I’ve failed beyond belief
As my refuge and my rock
I’m awaiting your relief

Copyright Mary Jane Gonzales 2004



Yes, God, I Still Love You #4

Yes, God, I still love you
Though I see no light at all
Though my legs are weak beneath me
And I feel about to fall
Yes, God, I still love you
Through my trial’s darkest night
Ever grateful you have promised
To turn darkness into light

Copyright Mary Jane Gonzales 2004



Yes, God, I Still Love You #5

Yes, God, I still love you
Though that isn’t how it looks
As I’m low on church attendance
And I rarely read your book
But despite my lack of focus
You remain my guiding light
You’re the one that I wake up to
And the one I kiss goodnight
You’re the one I laugh and cry with
And converse throughout the day
You’re the lover of my soul
And the one to whom I pray
Father, may this heart of love
And it’s adoring praise
Be catalysts that ‘ere proclaim
Your name and banners raise

Copyright Mary Jane Gonzales 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment